Have students review the rubric and evaluate the model the same way the judges do. Physical Model Rubric (PDF)
Get inspired - check out winning models from previous years at the Showcase Gallery.
- Complete the Physical Model Identification Index Card —This 4x6 inch index card is used by the judges to identify your team’s information. The card should provide:
• City Name
• Scale Used for the Model
• Organization Name
• Names of the three presenting students, educator and mentor
- Bring the Physical Model Identification Index Card with you to the Regional Competition and place it next to your team’s model.
- Fill out the Competition Expense Form (PDF) with all of the materials used to build the model and the presentation materials. Remember you cannot exceed a combined total of $100.
- Bring the Competition Expense Form, Media Waiver, and Honor Form to your Regional Competition.
- Each team is responsible for transporting their model to the Regional Competition.
- Models may sustain damage in transit. Teams are encouraged to bring repair kits (containing tape, glue, etc.) to reattach or fix any broken part. The model needs to be sturdy and substantial enough for staff to move during the course of the competition without incurring damage. NOTE: There can be no structural changes made during or after the Regional Competition.