Use these questions to help your students write a city description that meets competition requirements.
1. What basic information should people know about your city (such as the name, population, age, and location)?
2. What is important to know about your city’s physical components (landmarks, parks, and recreation areas) and infrastructure (transportation, energy, waste disposal, pollution control)?
3. What services (such as police, fire, medical, education) does your city offer?
4. What features make your city innovative and unique?
5. Is your narrative organized, well written, free of spelling errors, and no more than 500 words (not counting the title)?