Guide Students' Thinking
Use these questions to help your students write a city description that meets competition requirements.
- What basic information should people know about your city (such as the name, population, age, and location)?
- What is important to know about your city’s physical components (landmarks, parks, and recreation areas) and infrastructure (transportation, energy, waste disposal, pollution control)?
- What services (such as police, fire, medical, education) does your city offer?
- What features make your city innovative and unique?
- Is your narrative organized, well written, free of spelling errors, and no more than 500 words (not counting the title)?
Next Section: Tips & Resources >