Have the students ask other team members or students from another class to review a draft of the narrative. Then ask the peer reviewers to discuss the following:
- Can they identify one thing that was strong about the content of the narrative?
- Was there something in the narrative that they didn’t understand?
- Did the narrative make them want to live in the city? Why or why not?
- Ask them to list one or two things they liked about the way the narrative was written.
- Did they find grammar or spelling errors?
City Narrative Rubric (PDF)
Review the rubric and evaluate the narrative the same way the judges do.
- List the name of your city on each page of your City Narrative. Remember, your city name needs to remain consistent throughout the competition. Also, please include the organization’s name and your team name on the narrative.
- Place the word count at the end of the City Narrative. Word count does not include the title.
- Complete a City Narrative Form attesting that the City Narrative was written entirely by the students.
- Make a copy of the City Narrative for your records.
- Submit the City Narrative and City Narrative Form to your Regional Coordinator
Find your region for submission details and deadlines!