(1) Clarifying Questions—questions to help them better understand features of your city.
(2) Required Questions—engineer-themed questions that will be asked of all teams.
- Time the presentation to be sure it is no longer than 7 minutes. While there is no penalty for taking less time, the more detailed the information students provide, the higher their potential score.
- Have students think of questions judges might ask and how they might answer them.
- Relax and have fun. Remind students to think of the presentation as an opportunity to tell their team’s story.
Bring the following items to the Regional Competition:
- The Media Waiver Form (pdf)
- The Honor Statement (pdf)
- The Competition Expense Form (pdf), receipts, and related documentation.
- The Future City Physical Model and Model Identification Card.One copy of the Research Essay and Research Essay Form (pdf). Check with your Regional Coordinator to see if this is required.
- One copy of the City Narrative and City Narrative Form (pdf). Check with your Regional Coordinator to see if this is required.