Current Judge Need
1 Q&A Judge (January 15th 9:00am-10:30am or 10:30am-12:30pm) - Judge Registration - Future City® Competition
2 Special Award Judges (January 9-January 15 on your own time) - email firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Finals Judges (January 16th 9:00am-10:30am) - email email@example.com
2 National Judges (Virtual in Mid-February for Model, Presentation, and/or Essay) - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the 2021-2022 Future City Competition! Below you will find the resources needed for judging this year. There are many updates to the competition for 2022.There is a highlight of the changes below under "Competition Day Information". There is a summary, prepared by National, of the updates here: https://futurecity.org/about-the-competition/2021-2022-updates
We will update this page as Live Q&A (January 15, 2022) and Awards Ceremony (January 22, 2022) get closer. If at any time you have questions, please contact your Judge Coordinators (Amanda Kinley and Heather Wyld) at email@example.com.
This year the competition will be held using Zoom! We will hold tutorials prior to the Live Q&A Session and Finals Judging to give an overview of how to use Zoom and prepare judges for these virtual events.
To sign up to be a Judge for 2021-2022:
2021-2022 Competition Theme (Waste-Free City)
The 2021-2022 Future City challenge is to: Design a waste-free city that uses the principles of a circular economy. Read more about the theme here.
Competition Day Information
- The competition will run similarly to the 2020-2021 Competition.
- Everything will be virtual this year. All deliverables will be posted to the Future City Dashboard or a shared location and scoring will be completed on the Dashboard.
- There is no SimCity deliverable this year.
- Instead of presenting and displaying a model on Competition Day, teams will provide a recorded presentation and a slideshow on their model. The model and presentation will be judged separately and each judge will complete their own scoring sheet through the Dashboard.
- A new segment of the competition will be Live Q & A. This will consist of playing a team's recorded presentation followed by a 10 minute live Q&A session between judges and 3 students. This Live Q&A session will be scored separately from the model and presentation, immediately following the Q&A; each judge will submit their own scoring sheet through the Dashboard.
- After the preliminary round of judging is completed, the top three teams will proceed to finals judging. Finals judging will take place between the Live Q&A and Awards ceremony. Finals judges will score the teams' recorded presentation and participate in a round of Live Q&A.
- The Awards Ceremony will be held on January 22nd where 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and special awards will be announced.
- Special awards will be determined based on recorded presentations, model slideshows, and recorded Q&A sessions. Teams will be divided into award categories as we have in the past.
MLA Format Citation: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/
Tutorials will be provided for Model, Presentation, Q&A, and using Zoom.