Chicago Regional Links
National Competition and Engineering Week Links
- Future City Competition - National Website - www.futurecity.org
- Discovere Engineers Week - www.discovere.org
- DuPage Engineers Week - appliedtech.iit.edu/engineersweek
- American Society of Civil Engineers - www.asce.org
- American Society of Civil Engineers - Illinois Section- www.isasce.org
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - www.ieee.org
- Structural Engineers Association of Illinois - www.seaoi.org
- The Chicago Committee on High Rise Buildings - www.cchrb.org
- Illinois Institute of Transportation Engineers - www.ilite.org
- American Institute of Architects Chicago Section - www.aiachicago.org
- American Concrete Institute Illinois Chapter - www.aciillinois.com
- American Public Works Association, Chicago Metro Chapter - http://chicago.apwa.net
- Illinois Association of County Engineers - www.iaceng.org
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers Chicago Chapter - www.ewh.ieee.org/r4/chicago/
- Society of Fire Protection Engineers - www.sfpe.org
- Society of Women Engineers- www.swe.org
- Philippine Engineers and Scientists Organization - www.pesoworld.com
- Polish American Engineers Association - www.polishengineers.org
- Associated Steel Erectors - www.associatedsteelerectors.org
- Society for Marketing Professional Services - www.smps.org
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) - www.asme.org
- Illinois Society of Professional Engineers- www.illinoisengineer.com
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc.- www.ashrae.org
- American Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) - www.sae.org
- American Society of Safety Engineers-Northeastern Illinois Chapter - www.neil.asse.org
Fun Links and Outreach Programs
Engineering Encounters Bridge Design Contest Site - The Bridge Design Contest is a nationwide competition intended to promote math, science, and technology education in U.S. elementary schools. The contest provides students with a realistic introduction to engineering through engaging, hands-on design experience. All U.S. students in grades K through 12 are eligible. Contestants may compete individually or in teams of two.
Zoom into Engineering - A joint project of ZOOM and National Engineers Week, ZOOM has created materials for engineers to use with kids in classrooms, after-school programs, libraries, and even malls!
First - An organization to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
ACE Mentor Program - Career directions for students in Engineering, Architecture, and Construction
MATHCOUNTS - The mission of MATHCOUNTS is to increase enthusiasm for and enhance achievement in middle school mathematics throughout the United States. With the generous support of all MATHCOUNTS sponsors and volunteers and leadership of the National Society of Professional Engineers at the local and state levels, MATHCOUNTS is providing today's students with the foundation for success in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics careers. MATHCOUNTS is a national enrichment, coaching, and competition program that promotes middle school mathematics achievement through grassroots involvement in every U.S. state and territory.