2021-2022 Washington Competition Updates
2021/2022 Washington Future City Competition
Future City Now Available for In-person or Remote Learning Settings (6-8th Grade)
Whether you're teaching remotely or in-person (or a combination of the two), Future City has made changes so students can successfully create their vision of a waste free city from home or school!
Student Benefits & Learning Outcomes
• Independent program evaluations consistently find, Future City:
• Builds teamwork & problem-solving skills
• Strengthens writing, research, and public speaking
• Boosts self-confidence and student-led learning
Sign up for Future City and get:
- Step-by-step program guide to successfully lead your team
- Free webinars to answer your questions
- Background materials and activities
- Detailed rubrics
- Awards and recognition for competing teams.
Washington Regional Competition
- Format for the regional competition being planned with input from our teachers
- Save the date for Sat. Jan. 22, 2022 regional competition.
- City Essay: due Fri. Dec. 17th, 2021 – 5 pt penalty if in by Jan. 4th and 10 pt penalty by Jan. 10th
- Project Plan due (split into multiple deliverable to support teams better managing their project)
- Fri. Nov. 5th -Set Goal
- Fri. Nov. 19th Create a Schedule
- Fri. Dec 17th – Conduct a Check-in Session
- Fri. Jan 14th – Reflect on Project
- City Model Slide due Fri. Jan. 7th, 2022.
- City Presentation due Fri. Jan. 14th, 2022
- Reminder - No SimCity deliverable.