Welcome Back to School!
While I know the school year is very different than any in the past, WELCOME BACK EVERYBODY! We have 21 schools registered so far and with that, some of our perennial faves have not yet registered, so please, even though you have til the end of October technically, please register now so we can better plan.
All New England states are represented right now except the land of coffee milk and Del's lemonade (Rhode Island) -- I know a BUNCH of great engineers that can help any Rhode Island team so SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP GET A RHODE ISLAND TEAM ONBOARD!
Also, for the regulars that haven't signed up yet, (though this is a little last minute) FC National is having a Q&A session today -- here is info:
Future City Headquarters is hosting an “Office Hours” style Discussion Meeting for educators on Wednesday Sep. 23rd from 5-6pm Eastern. It will be an informal conversation where teachers can pose questions and share best practices. It will be a great place for Future City educators to meet one another and discuss their plans for this year’s program, as well as have their questions answered. The registration link to sign up is below. Attendees can sign up for this discussion whether or not they’re currently registered for FC. I will be sending this information out to all currently registered educators, but feel free to spread the word yourselves, or use it in your recruitment efforts.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Sep 23, 2020 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
While it is not yet set in stone, here is the general schedule for the New England Region:
- Close registration 10/31
- Home school affidavit by Dec 1
- make essays due Jan 2nd
- post models and presentation videos, plus all forms, by Jan 18th
- Schedule the Q&A’s From Jan 18 to Feb 15
- Announce the top 5 teams by Feb 16 and post the top 5 videos and model powerpoints online, announce time for livestream regional final on Feb 20.
- Regional final (show video and follow with Q&A) on Feb 20. Send winner info to nationals via CMS by Feb 28.
- The National Virtual Finals will be in April 2021