Welcome to the Tampa Bay Region Future City Competition.
For Future City Competion information or any other inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Future City 101 Webinar -- 9/10/13
Calling all teachers and engineer mentors: Future City 101 Webinar scheduled for 9/10/13: http://bit.ly/13kIzga
TampaBayRegional 2013-2014 Competition
To: All Returning and Registered Future City Teams
From: Cengiz H. Mumcuoglu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to this years Competition. If you have not already signed up officially online please do so by going to: www.futurecity.org, go to Visit Future City.org and under the Resources Section print the Educator Handbook.
- This year you will receive your Sim City download codes from our regional IT representative once you have completed the online registration. See attached SimCity ™ Download Directions. This year we are using the NEW Sim City software, Deluxe Digital Edition. You are permitted to use a previous version of SC4 installed on your computer you are working on.
- Registration runs through October 15,2013. Once you have completed your online registration an engineer-mentor will be assigned to your school.
- Each school is permitted to register two teams - Each team must register separately and can consist of students from an entire classroom working collectively on the project. The names of three presenters for each team plus one alternate must be submitted by December 20,2013.
- The registration fee is $25 and can be paid online or invoiced and must be paid before the first submittal date. If your school requires an invoice please request one in an email to the Regional Coordinator.
- At the Regional Finals, all teams will compete against each other first, and based on the highest scores for the phase 3 model and phase 4 presentation judging, the top five highest scoring team from your school will be the school representative competing for the top five prizes.
- Please note, all student teams, including those from the same school, that attend the Regional Finals are eligible to compete in the nine Special Award Prize categories.
- You are permitted to load the software on multiple computers only at the same school provided you fill out and return the software user agreement in the handbook. The CD must be in the computer to run the software. After registration, additional copies of the software may be purchased for your school at a discounted price from the website.
- All teams should select the MEDIUM SIZE CITY. Please read over the manual, load the software, and begin building your city. Please use the FC TUTORIAL TO HELP YOU GET STARTED.
- Go to
The Competition submittal deadline dates are as follows:
PHASE 1- Computer Design /Score Sheet due - November 22,2013
PHASE 2 - Essay and Abstract due - December 20,2013
PHASE 3 - Model and Presentation Judging - Jan. 25, 2014 - Finals TBA
- All submittals shall include the school name, team name, team members and be postmarked by the due date and mailed to the address below.
- Each Phase of the Competition requires your teamwork, research and imagination skills. Your teams should use the handbook as a guide for resources, and refer to the scoring sheets to help you understand what the judges will be looking for when scoring your submissions.
- Our Committee member who will be assigning engineer mentors to your school is Ms. Jessica McRory. Jessica will be in contact with your teams teacher in the next few weeks to review potential mentor matches. We currently have a pool of engineer mentors and we will match the mentor with your school as soon as possible. You may begin working on the project as the mentor is being assigned to your school.
- Teachers, start by reading the handbook and the judging forms. Then take a look at the Teachers Guide. Print and Distribute the SimCity 4 Deluxe TUTORIAL - this will help you get started FAST!
- If you have any questions loading the software on your computer, please refer to the Resources section on the website or in the toll free number for support in your manual. You may call me at 813-281-3242. This year we will have a dedicated engineer to help teachers and students with software and hardware issues.
- If your school requires an invoice for payment of the registration fee - please send an email to me and I can mail your school the invoice. Good Luck!
Cengiz H. Mumcuoglu
Tampa Bay Regional Coordinator
Mailing Address for all deliverables:
Cengiz H. Mumcuoglu
Skanska USA Building Inc
4030 West Boy Scout Blvd., Suite 200
Tampa, Fl. 33607