Future City Minnesota student alums narrate brand-new FCC web series!
Check out episodes 1-5: https://futurecity.org/page/future-city-video-series
Episode 6 coming soon!
Future City has launched a six-part web series that follows the journeys of three FCC teams as they imagine, design, and create their cities for this year's theme "Living on the Moon." Maya (FCC season 2017-2018) and Oliver (FCC seasons 2018-2019 and 2019-2020) were invited to narrate this series. Both students are graduates of Justice Page Middle School in Minneapolis. They currently attend Washburn High School.
Congratulations to the 19 teams that completed the 21st annual (and 1st virtual) Minnesota Future City Competition. You did an amazing job!
- Black Hawk Middle School - Emporia
- Friendly Hills MS - Lunar City
- Friendly Hills MS - Moontropolis
- Grandview MS - New Preary
- Grandview MS - Preary Crater
- Justice Page MS - Civitas Stellas
- Justice Page MS - Sol Latet
- Justice Page MS - Stella Cadente
- Mounds Park Academy - Little Prince Crater
- Mounds Park Academy - Liyu Aleti
This opportunity is an informal conversation where teachers can pose questions and share best practices. The meeting will be recorded and made available to registrants afterwards. It is scheduled for one hour (though feel free to attend for as much or as little as you like).
When: Nov 5, 2020 - 4:30pm CST
Register in advance for this meeting:more
Future City HQ’s annual webinar will take place Tuesday October 20th from 4:00pm-5:00pm (Eastern). It will feature a panel of experts discussing topics related to the 2020-2021 Living on the Moon challenge, and your students will have the chance to ask questions.
Register here or copy and paste the link below.
- All are welcome to attend this webinar!
- Please share this registration link with your team members!
- For those who cannot attend the webinar…
- November 23, 2020 – City Essay due
- December 14, 2020 – Model Slideshow due
- January 15, 2021 – Recorded Presentation due
- January 25 to February 18, 2021 – Timeframe when live Q & A judging and special award judging will occur
- February 23, 2021 – First Place Team announced
- April 2021 - National Finals
The dream of living on the Moon has inspired humanity for eons. Artists, writers, scientists, engineers, futurists and many others have vividly imagined what a thriving city on the lunar surface might look like.
Today, the challenges of sustained lunar living, while immense, are within our grasp to conceive of and plan for. With the tantalizing concept of permanent human life on the Moon closer than ever to becoming a reality, the award-winning Future City® Competition, now in its 29th year, announces Living on the Moon, the 2020-21 theme for its project-…more
Congratulations to the top 5 teams from the 2020 MN Future City Competition:
First Place - Justice Page Middle School, Nuova Venezia
Second Place - Dodge Middle School, Kawaakari
Third Place - New London-Spicer Middle School, Wai Ma
Honorable Mention - Scott Highlands Middle School, Ongaku No Machi
Honorable Mention - Mounds Park Academy, Cote Nouvellemore