Save the date for Minnesota Regionals!
January 21, 2023 at Dakota County Technical College
Registration is open for the 2022-2023 Future City Competition!
Today’s cities are not designed to accommodate the changing climate patterns of tomorrow.
The 2022-2023 Future City Competition will challenge your middle school students to research, design, and create a city that exists 100 years in the future and incorporate futuristic solutions to climate change.
- We are planning for an in-person regional and national competitions
- Registration costs just $25.00 per organization
- New materials will be in your Future City dashboard by August 1st
Essay: 1,500 words to describe your city.
Model: Get creative and build one big model or produce multiple segments.
City Presentation: Share your city in a live presentation before a panel of STEM professionals.
City Q&A: Impress the judges with your team's amazing city!
Project Plan: Stay organized and on top of all of the details.more
2021-2022 Minnesota Future City Competition Standings:
- First place: Justice Page Middle School, team El Cusco Perdido - competed in the National FCC held virtually in February 2022 and was awarded the Excellence in Resilience Engineering Award.
- Second place: Scott Highlands Middle School, team Ny Eldfjalleyeyiya
- Third place: Mounds Park Academy, team Zenaida
- Honorable Mention: Black Hawk Middle School…
Congratulations to the 21 teams that competed at Dakota County Technical College on 1/22/22!
Black Hawk Middle School - Enki
Black Hawk Middle School - Zonn
Friendly Hills Middle School - Springville
Friendly Hills Middle School - Tanamu Town
Grandview Middle School - Clean Green City
Grandview Middle School - Pristine City
Justice Page Middle School - El Cusco Perdido