Welcome to Houston Texas Future City Regional Competition: JAN 12-13th!
SEE SCHEDULE BELOW ...
The mission of the Future City Competition is to provide a fun and exciting educational engineering program that combines a stimulating engineering challenge with a "hands-on" application to present their vision of a city of the future.
Future City is Program of Clear Lake Council of Technical Societies and IEEE Galveston Bay Section. We are still accepting registrations for Discover-E (South-Texas) Houston Regional Competition 2017-2018 held at NASA Johnson Space Center, Gilruth Center on Saturday, JAN 12-13, 2018!
- Competition Date: Saturday January 12-13, 2018
- The Topic: The Age-Friendly City
- The Challenge: Identify an age-related challenge that exists in today’s urban environments and engineer two innovative solutions that allow your future city’s senior citizens to be as active, independent, and engaged as they want to be. For more information, check out the Competition Overview.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
REGIONAL COMPETITION DETAILS:
Gilruth Center/ NASA/JSC (Main Hall)
FRIDAY January 12th, 208
7:00-9:00 PM School Team Registration, Model Setup
SATURDAY January 13, 2018
7:30-8:00 AM Judges Orientation (Discovery Room)
8:30 AM-12:00 PM Preliminary Round Judging (Main Hall)
(Poster/Model Viewing, essay, oral presentation, Q/A)
12:00 NOON LUNCH (Upstairs—all guests, parents)
1:00 PM TOP FIVE TEAMS ANNOUNCED
12:15-3:30 PM PUBLIC DISPLAY: Public is invited to visit the Future City Entries
1:30-3:00 PM Final Round of Judging (Celebrity Judges)
(Team Presentations, Q/A)
3:00-3:30 PM Welcome and Awards
* Dr. Zafar Taqvi Texas-Houston Regional Coordinator
* Elizabeth Parent Chair Houston NEW Program
* Evette Torres Shell Corporation
3:30-5:00 PM Awards Ceremony
Regional Special Awards
TexITE Transportation Award
National Special Awards / NCEES Land Survey
Regional Coordinator’s Awards / Teacher, Mentor, Student Presenter
Alumni of the Year Award
5th Place, 4th Place, 3rd Place, 2nd Place
CLICK BELOW TO JOIN OUR REGIONAL FACEBOOK GROUP: